Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I Almost Hired A Con In My Business But The Public Records Search Engine Helped Me


The public records search engine is a lifesaver I must say. It has helped me very much when it comes to hiring people in my business. I never knew about this method of getting information until a friend told me about it. I did not know that this actually works until I was about to hire a con.
This particular person applied for an accounting officer position and he was actually shortlisted for the interview because he had very good qualifications and experience according to his resume.
On the day of the interview, he arrived on time and we interviewed him. There was something peculiar about how he answered questions and this is when I decided to use the free reverse cell number lookup to get more information about him before deciding to hire him.
I used several search engines, starting of course with the big G and Yahoo, but to no avail as I did not get much useful information about him except links to Facebook accounts for people with a similar name. However, just as I was about to give up, I decided to use search criminal record online to find out about his criminal records. That is when I found out that he had been convicted several times on the count of fraud and embezzling funds in different business organizations that he had worked for.
He had also worked for the government for about six months and he had been involved in one scandal involving misuse of funds. His academic information was also false and so was his experience information. He had gotten out of jail a year before applying for the job. It then occurred to me that he was a con.


I then decided to dig deeper to get to know where he resided and I found out that he was from a different state from what he had told us at the interview and in his resume. He said he is from California yet he was from Texas. I logged into the court’s website of Texas and typed his name.
To my dismay, his surname was not the one on his resume and neither was his age. He had lied about almost everything. In the website, I found out all about his cases and convictions. Almost all his cases were of similar counts and each time he got convicted for a few years. He then got out and resumed back to the same fraudulent affairs. This was all shocking to me, as I had never thought that one could give all this false information.
I had heard stories about this but I had not experienced such. This is when I realized how important it was to first run a background check on people that you want to hire. It is very vital as an employer and it enables you to hire honest and people of integrity. From then on, every time I had job interviews to do, I always conducted a background check on all the applicants even before they appeared for the interview. I also resulted to conduct the check on all my employees. This has greatly worked for me and I would recommend it to all other employers.

Today, I am surprised at how little effort is needed to do a fast background check about a person and ascertain that they are indeed who they are. By using a phone number reverse lookup, things become far easier; all you need is to enter the name of a person in the search box and wait for the results to come rolling in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment