Monday, April 11, 2016

I Knew Something Was Amiss From Her Resume - A Public Records Search Proved It




I come across so many resumes at my workplace. This way, I get to tell genuine resumes from those that have been ‘cooked up’ or have gaps. There are those resumes that I disregard immediately. However, there are those I question but I lack tangible evidence. Nearly all my instincts are usually true. This is where I use the public records and background check to handle my doubts. There is this resume I came across and I noticed something was not in place. I had to use a search engine to find out more about her resume. The information I was looking for included:
1.      Professional experience
Verifying the expertise of my potential employee was such an easy task with the public records. I simply clicked on the employee button. Here I got names of people, agencies and contacts (phone number, physical address and email addresses). I used the name of the applicant to confirm the work experience. I was able to find out whether she had worked at the companies she had placed under the professional background on her resume. Some of the information was false, apparently.
2.      Credibility of previous employers
Previous employers of a person on a resume are very important. However, knowing the reputation of these employers is very important. So after finding out gaps in the work experience section, I got curious to learn some things about the previous companies she genuinely worked for. This is when I should have used free phone number lookup by name.
 However, I used the business licenses portal. Here, I got licenses of the businesses, violations and complaints if any that they had filed against her. I searched for this information using the name of the business, address and the owner’s name. I used the court records too to find out whether any cases were filed. I got helpful information that assisted me in analyzing the resume. A bad name is not good for business.



3.      Crimes and crime data
This section of the public records helped me figure out why the resume of my prospective employee had gaps in terms of time. There was a period that was totally unaccounted for. I needed to find out what she was doing during this time. This helped me to know whether she had a criminal record whatsoever. Therefore, I was able to make a more informed decision.
4.      Jail and inmate records
This goes hand in hand with the crime data segment. I had to ensure I do not miss out on anything. My business does not allow me to take chances with its core elements such as employees. I just thought I should compare the crime data search with the jail and inmate search to be confident about the applicant.



5.      Sex offender registration
This section of the public records helped to know more about the applicant.  Professionalism is not all about expertise but also personal behavior. I mean, it was simply out of curiosity. I was not ready for any surprises after I employed her. So, I had to be thorough in my people search background check.
From this short post, you can see that it is quite possible for you to miss a lot about a person. As they say, you should never judge from the first appearance but should always dig deeper. The good thing is that with a public records search engine, you can dig up a lot of important information about people. Why do you think all this information is placed in the public domain? So that you can know everything that you need to know about a person. Make use of the information and you will never regret it. Just to be sure, you can exploit the power of technology and find out all the details that you need to know about a person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment